Hot Cross Buns
Filed Under: hot, cross, buns, delicious, easter, meal, dinner, roll, cranberry, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, frosting, rhodes, dough, family, holiday, april, bake, oven, american, snack, dessert, friends, cook, bread
Makes: 12 Servings Prep: Cook:
These delicious Hot Cross Buns are the perfect addition to your Easter Meal. Video Instructions: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2395
- add 18 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- add 3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- add 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- add flour, if necessary
- add Frosting:
- add 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Combine rolls and press or roll to flatten.
- Combine sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Sprinkle flattened dough with 1/3 of the sugar mixture and 1/3 of the cranberries or raisins.
- Fold dough over on itself and flatten again.
- Repeat the sugar and cranberries process and fold over again.
- Repeat one more time.
- Knead the dough as necessary to completely incorporate the added ingredients.
- If dough becomes too sticky, sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Shape into a log and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball and place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until almost double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Mix ingredients for frosting and frost rolls.