this makes a great dinner for 4, or an appetizer for 8 and is a wonderful light dish. adapted from diabetic recipes 2003
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb sea scallops
- add 1 tablespoon honey
- add 8 ounces rice noodles
- add 1/2 cup orange juice
- add 1 teaspoon black tea leaves
- add 4 teaspoons olive oil
- add 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- add 2 cloves garlic
- heat olive oil in skillet, add garlic, stir.
- add scallops, cook 2-3 minutes until opaque, set aside.
- add orange juice to the skillet, add tea leaves, soy sauce, honey and any reserved scallop liquid reduce heat and simmer to thicken.
- strain sauce in fine mesh, add liquid back to pan, discard solids.
- add scallops back to pan, coat with sauce.
- serve over rice noodles.